Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do It For Yourself!

I walked into my bathroom today and looked at myself in the mirror and I can really see the inches falling off. So I decided to try on a skirt that I haven't been able to fit for a few years now. I held onto it because I use it to measure my weight loss. If I can fit into it, I've lost quite a bit and if I can't fit it then I have a ways to go. Although I still have a ways to go to reach my goal, I was elated to see that I could fit the skirt! I actually have it on right now. I looked at myself in the mirror and I said---YOU GO GIRL! Do it for yourself.

That's actually my inspiration for today's blog and my message is simply that...DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!! Sometimes we set out to lose weight for the wrong reasons. Maybe we want to look good for a loved one, maybe we need to fit in a wedding dress, maybe we saw someone else losing and it was a temporary inspiration. You have to do this thing for yourself---because you love you and you want to live a healthy productive life. All the other things/reasons will fall into place once you start losing. You will be able to fit the dress. You will look good for your loved one, but you can't have that as your main focus or it won't last. Eventually you'll end up reverting back to your old ways and start to put weight on. I started my weight loss journey because I had gone to a store to buy an outfit and they had some really cute clothes. See, sometimes when you're big, you know you're big but you don't know how big you are. I picked out some outfits that I just knew would have me looking hot and after I tried them on they did just that...I looked a hot mess! It's funny, but really it's not. I was so disgusted with myself that I put everything back on the rack and left the store. I didn't look for anything else, no, nothing in a bigger size. I just wanted out of that store as fast as possible. So, my journey was started because I was tired of myself being in the condition I was in. It wasn't just to get into an outfit for a one time event. It wasn't so that I could make someone else happy. Guess what? If someone isn't happy with you now, they won't be happy with you when you lose weight. They will just find another issue to take up. So please don't kid yourselves there. Trust me, I've been there and done that too many times, but that's another subject. Anyway, I wanted a change. A life long change and I know that if I can do it, you can do it. There's no one person on this earth better than the next. Whatever you set your mind to do, nothing can stop. If there are mountains in your way, climb them, go around them, heck chop them down! Know that no matter what you can do this and the reward you reap in the long run will be so much more worth it because you did it for YOURSELF.


Peace...

2 comments: